Frequently Asked Questions
Q: I have a NutriPATH request form provided by my healthcare practitioner, what do I need to do next?
A: Once you have been provided with a NutriPATH request form by your healthcare practitioner, please contact our customer service team on 1300 688 522 to place an order for a collection kit.
Q: Can I attend any pathology collection centre to have my blood taken?
A: You must ensure that you have ordered a NutriPATH blood collection kit prior to attending a blood collection centre. If you require a collection kit, please contact our customer service team on 1300 688 522 to order the requested kit.
Q: Is fasting required for my blood test and what should I do to ensure I am prepared for the test?
A: Whilst not all blood tests require fasting unless specified, However, it is highly recommended that the patient has fasted for a minimum of 8-10 hours as this will provide a better quality sample for testing. Please ensure that you are well hydrated with water prior to sample collection.
Q:What are the minimum requirements for labelling of my specimens?
A: NutriPATH require the following information as a minimum requirement in order for specimens to be processed. The information contained on the specimen collection vials must be identical to the request form.
• Patient Name
• Date of Birth
• Date of Collection
• Time of Collection
Q: On what day of my menstrual cycle should I collect my saliva, urine, blood or blood spot hormone profile on?
• If you do not have menstrual cycles you can collect the sample on any day.This would include women with hysterectomy, amenorrhea (abnormal absence of menses in women of reproductive age) and/or uterine/endometrial alblation (destruction of the uterine lining).
• If you have a ‘normal’ menstrual cycle then you should collect on day 19, 20 or 21 (counting the 1st day of bleeding as day 1)
• If you have irregular or unpredictable menstrual cycles you can collect any day they are not bleeding.
• If you have some kind of cycle regularity but not at the typical lengths, you should follow these guidelines for collection: Long cycles – test at day 19-21 or from day 19 to 5 days prior to when the period is expected.For example, if the cycle is 35 days, collection can be done anytime between day 19 to day 30.
• Short cycles – collection should be done a couple of days prior to when bleeding starts.For example, someone with 14 day cycles should collect on day 12.
Q: How should I collect my saliva if I am doing a single tube hormone assessment?
A: If you are collecting for a Male or Female hormone profile you should collect your sample within 30 minutes of waking prior to eating, drinking, exercising, flossing or brushing your teeth, or taking hormones.
Q: Should I collect a sample if I am unwell or have the flu?
A: It is highly recommended that you have completely recovered prior to collecting your pathology samples as this may affect your test results.
Q: Should I withhold my urine collection if I am menstruating?
A: Yes as this will contaminate the sample for analyses.
Q: Prior to collecting my samples, should I avoid taking my supplementation & medication?
A: It is recommended that you consult with your healthcare practitioner as to whether they would like you to withhold supplementation and medication prior to sample collection. If your practitioner is unsure please advise your practitioner to contact NutriPATH on 1300 688 522.
Q: Can I request a copy of my test results once they have been finalised?
A: On completion of your test results, your practitioner will receive multiple methods of result delivery. NutriPATH will only provide you with a copy of test results if this has been signed and requested by your healthcare practitioner.Back Home