Specialised genomic testing can provide a glimpse into ones potential health future. Genetic testing enables one to minimise the risk by:
• Identifying hidden gene mutations that may promote chronic disease.
• Preventing disease through early intervention.
• Modifying gene expression through more precise, targeted, individualised interventions.
• Identifying key areas for follow-up testing.
• Monitoring therapeutic effectiveness of intervention strategies with laboratory testing.
Whether or not you choose to see genes, they are always there and will continue to play an important role in one’s health. With genomic testing, by choosing to look at them, you have the opportunity to influence the ultimate outcome and more actively promote a healthy life.
The CardioGenomic Plus Profile uses genomic testing to identify the risk of genetic susceptibility to cardiac related diseases and conditions. Specifically, the CardioGenomic Plus profile evaluates genetic variations, called single nucleotide polymorphisms (SNPs) in genes that modulate blood pressure regulation, lipid balance, nutrient metabolism, inflammation, and oxidative stress.
• Myocardial infarction
• Endothelial dysfunction